Tipperary Sports Partnership are facilitating a workshop on How to Train as a Midlife Woman.
This workshop will provide you with practical solutions and science based strategies for active women and to help those who wish to continue to perform as you age.
It will discuss the areas of menopause, nutrition and exercise.
· Answering the big question ‘why does exercise feel so hard’
· Making exercise choices – how different types of training benefit you or feel really hard – Why is this?
· Training for a race – the differences between a traditional training plan and one in Menopause
· Why have I slowed down so much & how do I get faster now?
· What strength training really is (and isn’t)
· The importance of recovery
· Why am I always injured
Nutrition – How best to support ourselves
· Understanding body shape changes/weight gain
· Joining the dots between menopause, exercise, nutrition, recovery & cortisol – Why am I doing everything ‘right’ but gaining weight
· How do we nourish our bodies before, during, and after exercise?
· Why are we craving foods?
· How do I increase my protein intake?
. What are the practical solutions and the small steps we can make for long-term sustainable change?
Understanding menopause and midlife…. It’s not me it’s my hormones!
· Why it happens, recognising symptoms, what you can do and how to take control of menopause.
· What is perimenopause and menopause and how is it diagnosed?
· What are the main symptoms
· How to get the right help and support to help you take control of your menopause at work and home
· HRT Risks & Benefits
Please bring a pen and paper that you require and dress in comfortable attire, you will not be asked to participate in any activity during the workshop.
This workshop will take place on Saturday 4th March, 2023 .
Venue: Abbey Court Hotel, Nenagh
Time: 9:00 am to 1:00pm
The cost of the programme is €20 + online booking fee.
Booking is through this link https://HowToTrainAsAMidLifeWoman.eventbrite.ie
For further information contact us on email email@example.com or call the TSP office on 052 616 6201 or 052 616 6380